Monday, December 31, 2012

Liebster Award.

The lovely Lindsay Pate has nominated me for this award. I'm honored, and I'd like to take this time to thank a couple of people. This is my first award speech, so bare with me... I'm joking, of course. It is very nice to be nominated for this award though. I recently started this blog with the purpose to get my writing more involved in this world. In the last two months, I have done just that. Lindsay Pate and I are working together on Mechanical Heart, and I'm also involved in a lot of other writing projects. I have big, big plans for my blog and I'm happy with how things are going. 

Facts about me. Some things you might already know.
1. I'm twenty-one years young.
2. I've been writing since middle school, it all started with poetry and song.
3. Some people think I'm a narcissist, most of these "people" are lovely ex-girlfriends of mine. 
4. I enjoy yoga, and running. 
5. I'm a vegetarian, and I strongly believe it makes me better than most of you. Oh wait, I'm supposed to be convincing you that I'm not a narcissist. 
6. I'm very sarcastic, if you couldn't tell already.
7. I have tattoos. 
8. I like pro wrestling, mixed martial arts, and most sports.
9. All through high school I wrestled in a backyard wrestling league. If I could do it again, I would.
10. I'm a huge comic book fan. I know some writers don't like comics and graphic novels, but I love them. 
11. I like coffee, and beer. I drink both a little too much.
Q&A with Lindsay Pate. Questions asked by Lindsay, answered by me.
1.  Q. What is your favorite thing to rant about? A. Sex, drugs, rock and roll.

2.  Q. What is your favorite aspect of writing? A. The idea of a new creation.

3.  Q. What makes you feel the best that you have ever felt? A. Writing, and letting others read my writing. 

4.  Q. How structured are you with your writing? A. Surprisingly not that structured. My first draft on Hungry Eyes is just writing. I try not to edit it because it ruins the writing flow. I just jump in and write exactly what's in my mind. I planned out how the novel will be written, but the writing itself is just my writing. After the 1st draft I'll edit more and more. 

5.  Q. What has been the best book you have read in the last year? A. It's a tie between Warm Bodies, and Gone Girl. I read Warm Bodies in January, and Gone Girl recently. Both of these books are on my top ten list. They are both must-reads in my opinion. 

6.  Q. What is your favorite genre of books to write? To read? I enjoy a lot of different genres. I like crime thrillers, and suspense novels. I also enjoy weird fantasy, horror, mystery, and sci-fi. 

7.  Q. What or who inspires you to write? Life. 

8.  Q. How do you picture your writing career developing? A. I don't wish for fame, or fortune. I want to make a comfortable living off of writing, obviously. Who wouldn't want that? My main goals consist of getting my stories heard. I love writing, and I love the different stories and worlds that I have created and plan on creating. I want others to see what I see inside my head. I want to let the world into my world of writing. This world is a tough place to live in for a lot of people, and reading was always my escape. I would read and write to get away from all the hurt that I constantly went through. I want others to read my stories and I want to help them escape from this world, and into a whole new world. When life has kicked you down to the ground, I want to be the writer of the novel that helped you get back up.

9.  Q. Who is your favorite classic author? Why? Ray Bradbury. He's my favorite writer and the author of my favorite novel, Fahrenheit 451. I personally think he's one of the smartest writers that ever lived. The way his mind worked, the way he used his words. Brilliant man.


10.  Q. Do you enjoy writing true to life events or creating your own world? A. Both. I enjoy writing on my own because it's more of a thrill for me, but I also enjoy writing meaningful pieces about events that have occurred. I enjoy both for different reasons.

11.  Q. What is your favorite short story you have ever written? A. I wrote a short story titled "After Tonight." It's the short story that inspired me to write a full length novel, Hungry Eyes. I should probably let you all read this short story soon, shouldn't I?



Drum roll please...

My nominations for this award...
Kym Scally. -- www.kymscally.com
Emily Raphael. -- www.11shakes.blogspot.com
Raymond Sardella. -- www.raymondsardella.blogspot.com


These are my questions for all the nominees. Have fun!
1. If you could cowrite a novel with any author in the world, who would it be and why?

2. Do you have a favorite novel?

3. What's the most unusual story you've ever written?

4. What genre of writing do you feel you'll have the most success in?

5. At what age did you first get a glimpse at the writing world?

6. Who is your favorite author? Why?

7. Do you hope to get professionally published, or go the indie route? Why?

8. 2012 is almost over, what is the biggest thing you've accomplished this past year?

9. Do you have any major goals for 2013?

10. Are you currently working on any big writing projects? Explain.

11. Where do you want your blog to be this time next year?


I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!!

Be safe!

1 comment:

  1. I posted my Liebster award!!! Thanks again!
    http://11shakes.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete